LIFESTYLE NEWS - This rich, nutritious stew is a perfect winter warmer to share with friends and family.
- 8 slices of beef shin (marrow bone in)
- 2 large onions, sliced lengthwise
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 to 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 to 4 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 tins chopped, peeled tomato
- 1 small tin of tomato paste
- 1 tin Guinness
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup barley
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tblsp dried thyme
- fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and black pepper
Place your potjie over very hot coals and bring to a high temperature. Place shin in a plastic bag with flour, salt and pepper.
Shake to cover meat.
When the potjie is hot, add oil and place the shins in the pot side-by-side.
Seal and brown the meat on both sides. Remove and set aside.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Karoo, Hessequa news'