WESTERN CAPE NEWS - Western Cape premier Alan Winde attended the launch of the Blue Dot taxi service pilot with Transport and Public Works minister Bonginkosi Madikizela.
Said the premier in a statement: "...this innovative project aims to make taxis safer for commuters..."
Read more about the project here.
Update on the coronavirus and vaccine rollout
As of 13:00 on 4 March, the Western Cape has 3254 active Covid-19 infections with a total of 275 878 confirmed Covid-19 cases and 261 384 recoveries. A total of 15 295 vaccines had been administered by 17:00 on 3 March.
- Total confirmed Covid-19 cases - 275 878
- Total recoveries - 261 384
- Vaccines administered - 15 295
- Total deaths - 11 240
- Total active cases (currently infected patients) - 3 254
- Tests conducted - 1 347 009
- Hospitalisations - 1 109 with 255 in ICU or high care
The Western Cape has recorded 18 additional deaths, bringing the total number of COVID-19 related deaths in the province to 11 240. We send our condolences to their loved ones at this time.
Garden Route District:
- George - 11688 cases, 11121 recoveries
- Mossel Bay - 7256 cases, 7019 recoveries
- Knysna - 4774 cases, 4589 recoveries
- Oudtshoorn - 3889 cases, 3562 recoveries
- Bitou - 2703 cases, 2594 recoveries
- Hessequa - 1931 cases, 1818 recoveries
- Kannaland - 860 cases, 805 recoveries
Additional data is available on the Western Cape Covid-19 data dashboard which also features active cases per sub-district, active cases per 100 000 and 7-day moving averages. Access the data dashboard here.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Hessequa, Karoo news'