KNYSNA BUSINESS NEWS - In wishing all our clients and visitors to Knysna a merry festive season, we would like to ensure that it is a safe and joyous time for all.
Please remember that although Knysna is the ideal holiday destination, we are not without crime.
We at Allsound Security believe that prevention is far better than reaction.
We want our visitors to leave with happy experiences and return year after year.
So here are some things you should know while enjoying the festive season (based on existing crime trends):
- Use your alarm systems whenever possible, even if you're popping out briefly.
- Do not leave valuables in reach of open windows (some of our thieves love to hook things out).
- Do not leave items in your car, even when parked in the driveway. Criminals feel nothing to break your window for a pair of sunglasses or jacket!
- Do not leave doors open and valuables on counter tops for opportunists to grab and run.
Out and about
This is a busy time of year for theft out of motor vehicles.
- Whether parking in town or at the beach, remove all bags etc from your car or place them out of sight.
- Remove GPSs etc from dashboards.
- Always check that your doors are indeed locked before walking away from your vehicle …. Yes we do sometimes have remote jamming in Knysna.
- Be aware of people standing too close while you are busy with your transaction.
- Always cover your hand while entering your pin.
- If someone approaches you and is interfering, feel free to tell them to go away in your most stern voice.
- Our parking bays are all free, so if anyone approaches you and tells you that you must pay for parking at the ATM, it's a scam! They are attempting to get your pin and swop your card.
Have a Blessed & Safe Festive Season!
From all in the Team at Allsound Security
Emergency Contact Numbers
- Allsound Control Room: 044 382 5589
- Knysna Police Station: 044 302 6608 / 9
- Fire Department: 044 302 8911
- Provincial Ambulance: 044 382 5613
- ER 24: 084 124
- NSRI: 082 990 5956
'We bring you the latest Knysna, Garden Route news'