LIFESTYLE NEWS - Try this delicious, no-carb lasagna for dinner tonight!
This lasagna uses Rhodes Quality Mexican Style Tomatoes, Onions & Chilies, which has been made by sealing in all the goodness of the spices in one can for your convenience.
For an added Vitamin C boost, serve the dish with a glass of pineapple juice.
- 1 x 400g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Mexican Style
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 g lean beef mince
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 400 g baby marrows, washed and thinly sliced length-ways
- 250 g plain cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 60 g (½ cup) grated mozzarella cheese
- 60 g (½ cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add the onion and fry until softened. Add the garlic and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the can of Rhodes Quality Tomato Mexican Style and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes and season to taste.
- In a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, layer up the mince alternatively with the baby marrow slices, ending with a layer of mince.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and the eggs until smooth and season to taste
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the top of the mince.
- Mix the cheeses and sprinkle over the cream cheese then sprinkle the red pepper on top.
- Bake the lasagna in an oven that has been preheated to 180° c for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden and set. Serve hot.