NATIONAL NEWS - Wednesday morning saw a minor interruption broadcasting at some SABC radio stations after the building had to be evacuated for safety concerns.
Listeners, eyewitnesses, and social media users with inside info took to Twitter to share updates about the situation while trying to gather additional information about what was really happening.
Radio 2000 host David Mashabela also tweeted an explanation to his listeners about the break in transmission before adding that contingency plans had been made.
Another one of the station’s hosts also offered up her own experience as an explanation for the commotion.
While many had suspected a bomb scare, it seems that there had been a diesel spillage from a generator that had malfunctioned following a power outage in the area.
Staff were then evacuated for safety reasons.
When called for comment. SABC spokesperson Vuyo Mthembu was still getting briefed about the details surrounding the incident and promised to provide comment in due course.