GARDEN ROUTE NEWS - Doing charity work is fun and easy, right? It doesn’t take up much time and there’s the added bonus of having done something good for your fellow man.
As the Santa Shoebox Project’s national sponsorship and regional manager for Port Elizabeth, East London, Gauteng, Free State and North West, Margie Kostelac is no stranger to charity work – which is possibly why she is not quick to agree this type of work is easy.
Each year the Santa Shoebox Project collects and distributes gifts for underprivileged children throughout South Africa and Namibia, quite literally in shoeboxes which are beautifully decorated.
How to participate:
- Visit www.santashoebox.org.za
- Register as a supporter.
- Pick a convenient drop-off point that you can reach on the specified date.
- From 1 September, when pledging opens, pledge a shoebox by selecting one or more recipients by name, age and gender.
- Print your QR-coded shoebox labels.
- Decorate or fill your shoebox according to the guidelines found on the website or Facebook page.
- Drop your shoebox at your selected drop-off point on the designated date.
Find out more
Contact Margie on email@example.com.
•Read the full interview in the Knysna-Plett Herald and online.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route news'