GARDEN ROUTE NEWS - The Western Cape Department of Health (DoH) has announced temporary changes to its service delivery in the Knysna and Bitou sub-districts in order to reduce patient contact in healthcare facilities during the third wave of the pandemic.
Various services are being halted for the time being as the healthcare system tackles the onslaught of the third wave.
In both Knysna and Bitou, the following changes to service delivery will occur at all DoH public health facilities:
• Elective surgery has been postponed until further notice;
• Emergency and cancer surgery will continue;
• Hospital outpatients services will be limited to urgent reviews;
• Physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and dietitian services are postponed until further notice;
• Dental services will be limited to only dental emergencies;
• Eye services will be limited to urgent cases;
• Primary healthcare service will focus on child health, preventative and chronic services.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route news'