KNYSNA NEWS - What is happening in Knysna in the month of June?
• The Motorcycle Room museum, Thesen Isle, Knysna (daily). Info: 082 414 5167 / www.themotorcycleroom.co.za
• San Ambrosio Church museum in the Gouna Forest, Knysna (daily). Info: 044 382 9762 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Forest Legend Museum & Café, Diepwalle, Knysna (daily). Info: 044 382 9762
• Millwood House museum, Knysna (Mon-Sat). Info: 044 302 6320
• Holy Trinity Church, Belvidere, Knysna (daily). Info: 044 382 1293
Time in nature
• Visit Pledge Nature Reserve – 10 hectares of pure nature in the heart of Knysna. Open every day from 07:00 to 18:00. Entry off Main Road between Postnet and Steers. Dogs on leashes welcome. Ticket sales at Knysna Tourism, Polvo Coffee and Wayside Inn. For yearly/monthly tickets, call the manager on 083 629 9201.
• Steenbok Nature Reserve, Leisure Isle, Knysna (all year). Dog friendly. Info: Knysna Tourism 044 382 5510
Park it at the market
• Knysna: The Friday Market at Knysna Montessori School in Kanonkop Street, 16:00 - 20:00. Supervised parking, seating and shelter, bonfires and live music, a quality craft selection, a bar and an amazing choice of locally produced food enjoyed on the premises or at home.
• Sedgefield: Wild Oats Community farmers' market every Saturday morning (an award-winning market with over 60 stalls of the finest local farm produce, home bakes, plants and flowers, outdoor breakfast and live music), Scarab Craft Village and Mosaic Market, all in close proximity along the N2.
• Plettenberg Bay: Harkerville Saturday Market every Saturday morning offers food, art and craft and more, on the N2 midway between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay.
• The Knysna Networking group comes together for two Wednesdays every month, with like-minded business individuals meeting to network. For more information you can contact Gudrun Cox on 072 699 4174.
Live music circuit
Under the covers
• The weekend will kick off early at Surf Cafe Plett, where Pride and Joy will be serenading patrons tonight, Thursday 10 June. They will be followed by Vriende & Friends on Friday 11 June, Janey Mitchell on Saturday 12 June, with Driftwinds rounding out the weekend on Sunday 13 June. All acts will be on stage from 19:00 onwards.
• As part of their usual weekly line-ups, Tapas will be featuring Tigger on stage tomorrow, Friday 11 June, from 18:30 up to 21:30. Meanwhile, Drydock will be hosting Johnny Wolf on Saturday 12 June from 13:00 to 16:00.
• At Mel's Place, the restaurant's namesake and owner Mel Botes will be taking to his stage on Saturday 19 June for a dominoes evening filled with music of the best of Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, and of course his own music too.
• Mel's Place will be alive this evening, Thursday 10 June, as they play host to an acoustic show from SA rock legend Francois van Coke who will be performing live from 19:00 to 22:00.
He will be flanked by guitar players Jedd Kossew and Richard Onraet to deliver a collection of songs from his solo albums, including Dagdrome in suburbia, and of course music from Van Coke Kartel, and Fokofpolisiekar, as well a cover or two of Francois' favourite songs.
• Next week the party will kick off with pioneer of Afrikaans rap music, Jack Parow, performing on 17 June from 18:00 onwards.
'We bring you the latest Knysna, Garden Route news'