KNYSNA | PLETT NEWS - Between the Knysna and Bitou sub-districts, the former will see the bulk of open vaccine sites this week with a total of five sites open compared to Bitou's two.
The week of vaccination roll-out comes in the week of President Cyril Ramaphosa's announcement to extend the lockdown level 4 period until Sunday 25 July.
This week will also see the start of vaccination registration for members of the public between the ages of 35 and 49, with their vaccinations expected to begin next month, on 1 August. Vaccination for people between 50 and 59 started last week.
The vaccination schedule for this week is as follows:
• Karatara Satellite Clinic – Monday 12 July (today)
• Knysna Community Day Centre (CDC) – Monday 12 to Friday 16 July
• Knysna Town Hall – Monday 12 to Friday 16 July
• Keurhoek Satellite Clinic – Friday 16 July
• Sedgefield Clinic - Monday 12, Thursday 15, and Friday 16 July
• Plettenberg Bay Town Clinic – Tuesday 13 to Friday 16 July
• Kwanokuthula CDC – Wednesday 14 July
At all of the above sites, vaccinations will start from 09:00 onwards and will continue until all of the vaccines have been administered.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route news'