GARDEN ROUTE | KAROO NEWS - Load shedding has been reduced to Stage 3 until 23:00 today. It will resume with Stage 2 at 07:00 on Saturday, 14 March.
On Saturday 14 March your area will be affected as follows:
- Knysna and Plett will be off from 07:00 to 08:30 and 14:00 to 16:30.
- Sedgefield will be off from 16:00 to 18:30.
- Mossel Bay will be off from 07:00 to 08:30 and 14:00 to 16:30.
- Oudtshoorn will be off from 07:00 to 08:30.
- Riversdale, Albertinia, Stilbaai and Gouritsmond will be off from 07:00 to 08:30 and 14:00 to 16:30.
- Heidelberg and Slangrivier will be off from 12:00 to 14:30 and 20:00 to 22:30.
Should your electricity not come back on AFTER a load shedding slot, check your electrical main switchboard for any possible trip switches.
We appeal to the public to please switch off all unnecessary appliances during load shedding, such as stoves, kettles, ovens, air-conditioning units and heaters that are heavy power users and systematically switch these appliances back on again as needed after load shedding is ended.
Unfortunately, when the power is switched back on, it causes massive pressure on the general power supply and causes problems at substations.
It is with this in mind that we appeal to users to not switch on all appliances at the same time and allow the system a few minutes at least, to prevent overload conditions.
Unplug your appliances directly from the power source when not in use.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Karoo, Hessequa news'